Trigger Out click on Ableton Live 7

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music. Wishes, ideas and feature suggestions
fmoura

Trigger Out click on Ableton Live 7

Post by fmoura » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Trigger out − Original drum machine had an analogue trigger output. This was used to control (trigger) sounds from the other drum machines or sound modules. Each trigger output emitted a simple pulse click. Sometimes users used this as a regular sound to make an oldschool click for their tracks. Nepheton fulfils this necessity. If the Trigger out box is checked, then VSTi output is added and pointed track (one of three; CB, CP, AC), will be used to trigger this sound. This sound will be played separately through the newly added VSTi output.
I've tried to use it on Ableton, but I can't find the VSTi output that produces that click. Is it because the output is on a channel Live can't recognise? If that's the case, can I assign the trigger out output to some other channel?

Cheers.

Sebastian@d16

Post by Sebastian@d16 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:02 am

Hi

We've reported that to Ableton, to fix the issue with 16 outs max. Nepheton has 18 (master + 17 individual) outs + optional trigger out which is the last one, if You turn on the trigger out in a settings window (19 outs max). It hasn't been fixed yet in Live by Ableton. It works fine with other hosts, eg Cubase, FL Studio.

The new AU update, apart from the AU port, will include also few fixed bugs and issues. Among the others, we've decided to change the approach to audio outs and limit their number + make a flexible audio outs mapping. This assure any individual instrument out accessible in Live.

Best regards,
Sebastian

fmoura

Post by fmoura » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:32 pm

thanks Sebastian. :)